You will need:
- Black poster board or card stock
- One black feather boa (cut into pieces long enough to wrap twice around the bat) For us, one boa was enough to make five bats.
- Double-sided tape
- White paper
- Fishing line
- Black marker
- Cut a bat wing shape out of the black paper.
- Place a piece of double-sided tape on the body of the bat. Attach one end of the boa to the tape and wrap it around the body twice. Secure with another piece of tape.
- Draw eyes on white paper and attach with tape.
- Hang from fishing line.
Geez! Who knew how messy a feather boa could be once you cut it? Feathers, feathers everywhere! The double-sided tape did not hold on to the boa very well and after a day I had to fix it with regular tape, which seems to be working much better. These are really easy and really cute.
I really liked painting the wings. (Me: Uh, we didn't paint the wings. That's black paper.) Oh. (Long pause) It's not called a boa bat; it's called a real bat because you are flying it around the kitchen like a real bat. I liked getting tickled by the feathers.