|A creepy, glow in the dark spider.|
- Egg carton (one carton will make 12 spiders)
- Black paint
- Hole punch
- Black pipe cleaners (4 per spider)
- Black duct tape
- Battery-operated tea lights (one for each spider)
- Set the spider on top of the tea light and secure the two pieces together with duct tape. Be sure to leave the on/off switch exposed!
- Bend the spider's legs to make him extra creepy.
|The cup on the left shows a side view; the one on the right a front view.|
I was really looking forward to making these spiders at our Halloween party. However, (you knew that was coming) I was a little disappointed. The holes were really tough to punch. I'm either getting weak as I get older or I am in need of a new hole puncher. The tea lights and the egg cups don't quite match up. The cups were quite a bit larger than the tea lights, so it took some maneuvering with the duct tape to make it line up. Luckily, all that black just blends right in together. All of the party guests were really into making these, and we got some very interesting legs for some of our spiders. (Sorry, no pictures. I was very involved with helping everyone with their taping.) The boys couldn't wait to turn them on and there was a mad dash to the powder room to see what they looked like in the dark. Our spider is still getting some play action a week later. Totally craptastic, but very worth it.
I liked painting them. I liked putting the light in it. It's a nightlight but it's a small one because it doesn't do too much light.