|Homemade hats for the 4th of July|
- Red, white and blue rolls of duct tape
- Flexible straws (about 35 per hat)
- Pipe cleaners (red, white and blue)
- Star garland, cut into 6 inch lengths (We found ours at the Dollar store)
- Tape measure
- Wow your neighbors with your fancy new hat!
|Lining up the second piece of tape. (A bit too hard for youngsters to do on their own)|
|Layer pieces for tri-color headband.|
|Fancy pieces lure the boys back over.|
|And we've lost them.|
The finished products were so cute! However, an exposed piece of tape pulled Jack's hair. That, and the fact that his was just a tad too tight made him leery of putting it back on. Elliott decided monkey see, monkey do and even though his fit fine, announced his was too tight as well. I was able to get him to wear it to a couple of 4th of July picnics later in the week.
I remember making them. But, Jack didn't like it. His hat was too tight. Mine was a little tight, too.