Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rock Man

Make this cute Rocker!

You will need:
  • Rocks of different shapes and sizes
  • Tacky craft glue
  • Paint
  • Googly eyes
  • Pipe cleaners, feathers, yarn, etc. (Use your imagination!)

How to:
Make sure your rocks are clean and dry. Paint rocks and let dry.

Assemble rock man as desired and use glue to attach. (We used Superglue and it only lasted a few days. I think a really tacky glue or glue gun will work better.)

Embellish rock man with googly eyes, feathers, etc. We used a feather for his hair, googly eyes and two shades of blue pipe cleaners twisted together for his arms and legs.

Thoughts:
Awww. I forgot how cute Rock Man was. (He fell apart fairly quickly after we finished him. Guess SuperGlue isn't all that super on rocks.) Elliott was so proud of his finished sculpture!


Elliott's Evaluation:
Good. I liked it.
(Me: Can you give me anything else?)
I liked it!
(Me, with a raised eyebrow: ...and...)
I liked putting the feather on.
(Me: Anything else?)
Mom, I'm trying to play Wii!! Look at Chewbacca with a Storm Trooper helmet on!
(Me: no reaction)
Mom! Look at Chewbacca!
(Me: No, if you can't take a moment for this, I can't look at your game.)
Mom! I really liked it. I liked stacking the rocks. I like him. Can you look at Chewbacca now?
(Me: Mmm, hmm. Chewbacca has on a Storm Trooper's helmet. That's really funny. Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment